With success comes scrutiny. In 18 short months I’ve built an extremely successful newsletter with the largest stock chat on Wall Street, paid or free. Along the way, I’ve had a few encounters with the critics and shared many choice words. What I’m learning just 18 months from being a public school teacher, where there are no critics, is that this will not go away and therefore moving forward I won’t be wasting my energy defending myself, my service and my integrity.
Instead I will allow the critics to throw stones and use them to build a larger empire. Mark my words, my success is built on hard work and honesty, something nobody can take away with words. It’s evident in the community I’ve built and I aim to make it even more evident moving forward, not by battling critics, but by working harder and improving my service. Hide I will not, learn I will.
- People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
- People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.