Jason Bond Picks is a premium swing trading newsletter designed for the working professional who wants to actively trade the market, but does not have the time nor interest in doing all the daily research. When you sign up for Bond Swing Trades, you’ll also receive complimentary access to Bond Day Trades and Bond Blow Ups.
Jason’s Blog – Free
The blog is free and designed to keep visitors informed about my premium swing trade newsletter. On occasion I’ll provide visitors with a trade idea so make sure you’re on the mailing list but generally trade ideas are only for premium clients. Once you make the leap from a free client to a premium client you’ll have access to the entire website.
Bond Swing Trades – Premium
Learn how to make money swing trading without being chained to your computer all day. This is my flagship service and core strategy in which you’ll receive 3 – 5 swing trade alerts per week by email, text and chat in real-time. Almost all of the alerts come from my master watch lists which I reference nightly to build my daily watch list for the following trading day. The goal is to provide working professionals with an active swing trading strategy designed to produce $50,000 in profits year in and year out simply trading 3 – 5 times per week with 1-4 day hold times. I specialize in liquid nano, micro, small cap stocks between $50 million and $2 billion, a price between $.25 and $10 with a Beta of 1 or higher. My profit goal is 5 – 10% rinse and repeat. I’ll definitely let a bull ride longer than 1 – 4 days for 20 – 30% but in general I’m paying myself around 5 – 10%. Typically I buy around $30,000 – $50,000 worth of stock per trade and if I hit my 5 – 10% goal I’ll make between $1,500 – $5,000 on the winners.
Master Watch List – Foundation of Bond Swing Trades
The master watch list is the core of my strategy. A large number of factors I teach must be considered before entering a swing trade. The market cap is extremely important and determines how much money I put into each trade. I like stocks with a Beta of 1 and up priced between $.25 and $10. Daily liquidity is a must, especially during the trade, so I look for $500,000 – $1 million before initiating a trade. Almost all of my trades are listed companies from the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ.
Most of the time I’m bidding support and selling strength making 5 – 10% profit per swing with a tight stop loss when the trade goes against me. Every once and a while I’ll play breakouts but find those tend to be harder for clients to mirror because they move fast. By watching video lessons one, two and three you can quickly make sense of my technical analysis strategy. Watch video lesson one to see why oversold charts are my favorite. The definition of swing trading is 1 – 4 days, but if I get 5 – 10% the same day as I buy I often take profit. Sometimes I’ll hold longer than 4 days if the situation warrants.
I can’t say this enough – as a swing trader having a master watch list of stocks you know well is quite possibly the best way to beat Wall Street as a swing trader. Your advantage will include knowing news cycles, price channels and the stocks reaction to good and bad market news. Even if it takes you a few years to learn 20 companies inside the criteria listed above, I’m confident you’ll improve your winning % by applying video lessons one, two and three.
Bond Day Trades – Complimentary with Bond Swing Trades
Perfect for greedy, trigger happy traders who need profitable intraday ideas. The goal is to be in all cash by the end of the trading day – everyday! It’s the perfect complement for my swing trade alerts. The goal here is $500 a day which keeps the job away. This is a chat based only service and subscribers generally need a portfolio over $25,000 to participate. We’re targeting small caps here as well but will move on anything that can produce profit and will make as many trades as the market allows. All trades are indexed in the announcements tab in chat. This service is complimentary for premium swing trade subscribers but it is not for beginners. Bond Day Trades is run by head trader Luke Murray.
Designed to build smaller accounts or simply for those who love penny stocks. Every week a handful of small caps breakout on big news, report excellent earnings, squeeze shorts or get pumped by major media which drives the stock up fast on extraordinary volume. As a result of the volatility, my percentage goal here is more than Bond Swing Trades riding momentum swings for 10 – 20%. Because of the increased volatility, I go smaller on Bond Blow Ups with $10,000 – $30,000 worth of stock per trade and if I hit my 10 – 20% goal I’ll make between $1,000 – $6,000 on the winners.
Premium Service Schedule
Sunday – Thursday. I’m in New York so all times are Eastern.
- Answer emails
- Assess Asia, Europe, U.S. futures, open trades and watch list
- Urgent updates will be emailed in the premarket (Very rare)
- Enter chat
- Run premarket scans
- Send all swing trades by email, text and chat in real time
- If relevant, email all clients with an update on the market, open positions and potential upcoming trades
- Exit the chat
- Produce content: chat logs, blog posts, portfolio analysis, watch lists and video lessons
- Urgent trade updates will be emailed in the postmarket (Very rare)
- Email content: chat logs, blog posts, portfolio analysis, watch lists and video lessons
- Answer emails
Tools I Use & Can Teach You About
At the end of the day all you really need is a good retail broker to learn and execute my strategy. Over the years I’ve tried a lot of trading tools and find the following to be useful, but not necessary to swing trade.
- I recommend E*TRADE Pro though any retail broker will do. I pay $7 per trade and if you make 30 trades per quarter E*TRADE Pro is free, otherwise it’s about $100 per month. That’s basically 5 trades per month because they count a buy as a trade and a sell as a trade.
- I also have an account at Interactive Brokers so I can short more stocks in bearish markets. E*Trade does not have the best borrows on small caps.
2. Charting and Scanning
- EquityFeed. A day trader’s best friend. I will provide my scan expressions once you become a member. In addition, I’ll also teach you how to use EquityFeed.com as a part of my strategy.
- StockCharts.com Extra Charting with Official North American Real time Data. I will provide scan expressions once you become a member. In addition, I’ll also teach you how to use StockCharts.com as a part of my strategy.
- FINVIZ.com Elite. I will provide my scan expressions once you become a member. In addition, I’ll also teach you how to use FINVIZ.com as a part of my strategy.
Trading requires discipline and hard work! Wall Street does not take pity on those who cut corners. Like any game, if you don’t know the rules it’s hard to play and even harder to win so be sure to learn about the items mentioned above.